What makes Fiesta del Sol different from other festivals is that we bring our community organizing work throughout the festival. At the Civil Rights of Immigrants Booth, our goal is to educate the immigrant community with free legal advice, a citizenship workshop, voter’s registration, “Know Your Rights” workshops, and resources that will aid residents to knowing their rights as contributing members of society.
There may be a wait for assistance if you decide to apply for citizenship. As with any event that has a large number of people attending, at some points there may be longer waiting periods, while at others there may not be any wait at all. We recommend that you arrive early to take advantage of all available resources and appreciate your patience.
In order to qualify to apply for citizenship, you must be a legal permanent resident for a minimum of 4 years and 9 months or 2 years and 9 months, if married to a U.S. citizen. If you would like assistance in completing your application for citizenship please bring:
- Your alien card, Social Security Card, State ID or Driver’s License; List of travels outside the United States since becoming a Legal Permanent Resident. Include dates and travel locations (these may be located on a passport).
- List of places where you have lived and worked for the past five years. Include dates and full addresses.
- Name, date of birth, social security number, alien number and/or date of naturalization of spouse and/or children and stepchildren (if applicable).
- Information about previous marriages, including marriage and divorce dates (if applicable).
- Information regarding arrests, including charge(s), date(s) of incidents(s) and disposition(s) of the case(s) (if applicable).
- For men: Selective Service number and date of registration.
- A money order for $680.00 made out to U.S.C.I.S.
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 666-2663.