Application Deadline: Friday, March 25, 2016
The Fiesta del Sol Guadalupe A. Reyes Scholarship Program has celebrated nearly 20 years of awarding scholarships to students from the Southwest side of the city and beyond. Due to Guadalupe A. Reyes’ dedication and commitment to people in need, the scholarship program has been named in her honor. The scholarship program offers an opportunity for students to get $1,500 for their college expenses. Additionally, the Scholarship Program strives to give students an opportunity to exercise leadership skills, learn how to build relationship and engage in teamwork. Fiesta del Sol has given over $700,000 in scholarships to over 500 students.
- Be Latino/a
- Enrollment at an accredited college or university in an undergraduate, degree-seeking or certificate program or be a senior in High school accepted as an undergraduate student in college. (If in college, be enrolled for a minimum of 6 semester hours in the 2015/2016 school year);
- Have earned a cumulative minimum of a 2.5 GPA (on a 4 point scale or its equivalence);
- Demonstrate community or school service;
- Demonstrate financial need.
And one of the following
- Live on the Southwest side of Chicago within the following boundaries: Between 16th Street and 79th Street and between Cicero Avenue (4800 West) and Canal Street (500 West);
- Be or become a volunteer at Pilsen Neighbors Community Council/Fiesta del Sol (min 80 hrs)
- Sponsored by member institution of Gamaliel of Metro Chicago.
Please mail the application to:
2026 S. Blue Island Avenue
Chicago, IL. 60608
The application must be postmarked by 5pm on March 25, 2016.